Welcome to the FHES PTA!
Are you new to the Flint Hill Community?
Here’s a checklist to help you stay up to date on school events and news!
- Sign-up for the Flint Hill PTA Updates. You do this by registering yourself with the PTA Parent Portal on the FHES PTA website. Click here and under “New User?” select “create an account.” This is not signing up for the PTA, this is just signing up for the PTA email, which includes upcoming events and other PTA information.
- Select Your Student’s Teacher to Place Him or Her on the Class List. Once school has started, go back in and select your student’s teacher to add your student to the class list. Creating a class list is helpful for arranging play dates and sending out invitations. Instructions on how to do this are located here.
- Join the PTA. The PTA relies on support from our Flint Hill families to put on all of our great events and programming each year. Becoming a PTA member is the easiest way to help out. Information on how to join the PTA is available here.
- Get Involved. Opportunities to help out range from volunteering 1-2 hours a year to becoming a committee chair and running one of our wonderful fun events. The PTA is a great way to meet other parents, make new friends, and be a part of your child’s experience at FHES. Check out our Volunteer page to learn more!
- Please join us for our new families breakfast in the school courtyard at 9:30 a.m. on Friday, September 13th! Remember to bring your ID so you can check in to the main office upon arrival at the school.
Some Additional Resources:
- Flint Hill ES PTA website
- FHES PTA Facebook/ FHES PTA Twitter
- FHES PTA Calendar - sign up to get updates
- School Directory Access & 2019-20 PTA Membership
- Membership Toolkit app (directory & PTA website app)
- PTA Weekly Updates via email (register here and you will receive them automatically)
- Virtual Tuesday Folders
Other Helpful Resources:
- FCPS website
- Flint Hill Elementary website
- FHES Facebook Page/Twitter
- Student Information System (SIS), Parent Vue Mobile App
- Electronic Falcon Flyer
- FHES School calendar
- FHES Lunch Menu
- Teachers & Room Parent Communication (teacher & room parent specific, but you will hear from each)
Questions or concerns? Reach out to our new family ambassadors, we are here to help!
- Monday, September 23
- Wednesday, September 25
- Thursday, September 26
- Tuesday, October 1
- Friday, October 4